THE NORDIC LEGACY PROJECT
We need your help to complete the Nordic Legacy Project.
The Nordic Legacy Project is a capital campaign supporting our cross country ski team facilities. To continue the level of excellence of our cross country program, SVSEF needs to update and improve its facilities. There are three components to the Nordic Legacy Project.
- Pave a 1.5km rollerski sprint training loop at the Dumke Family Sagewillow Campus, which provides SVSEF athletes with a state-of-the-art facility that allows for high-velocity skiing in a safe yet challenging environment.
- Install a roller ski treadmill, enabling coaches to effectively assess fitness improvements
- Outfit a cross country athletic performance testing facility. The facility includes university-grade metabolic testing equipment to allow staff to evaluate athletic performance, including anaerobic threshold analysis, lactate production analysis and max VO2 analysis while cross country skiing on the treadmill. Biomechanical video analysis is also be available to athletes.
The Lake Creek Cross Country Ski Center serves as a four-season facility to over 150 SVSEF skiers. The building requires a complete internal retrofit in order to continue to adequately provide the same high level of programming to our participants. See below for images and needs.
The cross country ski team requires key equipment to deliver great programs to our participants. The Nordic Legacy Project provides us the opportunity to secure critical equipment in support of our athletic objectives.
• Lake Creek cross country trails tractor with trails mower and large volume snow blower
• 15-passenger capacity van
• Heavy-duty cargo truck and specialized wax trailer for skier support at competitions
Cynthia Knight, Director of Development
Rick Kapala, Cross Country Program Director