Jr. Freestyle/Freeskiing National Championships
The registration and invitation procedure for USSA Junior Freestyle/Freeskiing National Championships will be as follows.
From the initial posting and as invitations are updated, invitations MUST be accepted within 48 hours of posting including USASA invitations. Invitations that are NOT accepted will become null and void. For example, invitations posted on Feb. 21 at 12 p.m. MST must be accepted by Feb. 23 at 12 p.m. MST.
Once an invitation is accepted (date and time is recorded on invitation website), the athlete must confirm registration by registering online within 48 hours. Athletes that are unable to register within 48 hours must notify the registration contact. Contact information is available online.
The invitation updating process will continue online until Feb. 27, 2017 at 12 p.m. MST, at which point the website will freeze with all registration directed to the event organizer when official registration opens.
All registration, check in and event information will be held in the Boiler Room at the Sun Valley Resort, located in the Sun Valley mall next to the Konditorei restaurant.
$325.00 includes all competition fees and athlete activities (noted below).
- Athlete day ticket pricing: $46.00/day – By showing your bib, you may purchase athlete discounted tickets, daily or multi-day, at the main ticket window at River Run lodge at Bald Mtn or Carol’s Dollar lodge at Dollar Mountain, or the Recreation Office across from the Boiler Room (Registration) in the Sun Valley Resort Village.
- Parent day ticket pricing: $89.00/day – You must be an immediate family member of a competing athlete (only 2 discount lift tickets available per family). Parent credential, available at registration, is required to redeem parent ticket discount.
Athletes and Coaches must bring the signed ORIGINAL waiver to registration. Bibs will only be given once a liability waiver has been turned in. Download and complete waiver here:
Code of Conduct:
Athletes must bring the signed code of conduct to registration. Download and complete the code of conduct here:
Athletes must fill out the athlete bio and bring to registration. This gives the announcers some fun facts about you they can use daily, so be creative! Download and complete the athlete bio here:
All coaches must have a valid USSA coaching license.
Over $20,000 prize purse. Cash payout to top 3 overall finishes in each event
(all awards will be given daily following the competition)
River Run lodge patio- moguls and dual moguls
Dollar lodge patio- slopestyle, halfpipe and big air
Bald Mountain—moguls and dual moguls. Spectators may choose to purchase a lift ticket for skiing or a foot traffic (gondola only) ticket. Spectators on foot may view events from the top of the courses. Walking down to the bottom of the courses is NOT recommended. You will need to ski to view the event from the bottom of the courses.
Dollar Mountain—slopestyle, halfpipe and big air venues are walk able, located near the base of the ski area.
Inverted aerials will be held at the Utah Olympic Park, Park City, Utah.
- Training: March 3-4
- Aerials competition: March 5
- Contact Katie Fieguth (firstname.lastname@example.org) for inverted aerial event information
Wednesday, March 15th 2017 6:30 p.m. – Dodge ball Tournament, Community School Gymnasium
Friday, March 17th, 2017 6:30 p.m. – Athlete Banquet, River Run Lodge. Additional tickets may be purchased at registration – NO Tickets will be sold at the door.
Saturday, March 18th, 2017 5:00- 7:30 p.m. – Big Air Finals & Dollar Mtn Till Dusk competitors celebration
Additional items available at registration/check-in:
You will have the opportunity to pre-purchase hoodies, $45 at registration, limited number available.
Banquet – This event is free for athletes only, you may purchase additional tickets for $25.00. Please make sure you RSVP for your athlete as well as purchase your additional tickets when registering. We will NOT sell tickets at the door.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
Thank you and we hope you enjoy the Wood River Valley and your Junior Championships experience!!!
Sun Valley Resort, both Bald Mountain and Dollar Mountain, respectfully request that all competitors and officials abide by all regulations that apply to the skiing public.
- No fast skiing outside designated competition and training venues.
- Competitors may not cut lift lines
- Competitors are expected to use proper etiquette while in lift line
- Be courteous and respectful to all area personnel at all times
- No jumping off lifts
- Do not ski on closed trails or duck ropes
- Please do not use inappropriate language